In the second installment of our social media ‘cheat sheets’ we explore Pinterest – a marketing powerhouse that became the third most popular social network just two years after launch. Keep scrolling for a break down of figures (Infographic style) and the top tips and trends for 2015!
- While the platform is female-dominated, 1/3 of new sign-ups come from men and there’s a 50/50 split between male and female users in emerging markets. Marketing to men? Use their ‘Guided Search’, which gives results depending on sex.
- Pinterest brings 300% more referral traffic to websites than Facebook – AND it requires less investment in terms of budget, time, and effort.
- Make sure your company website is responsive and can provide optimal viewing across all devices.
- Marketing to millennials? Pinterest (together with Snapchat) is the platform for you!
- Use between 200-300 characters in your image caption to optimise repins.
Huge Brand Opportunities:
- 93% of Pinners (male and female) shopped online in the past 6 months.
- 83% of active users prefer to follow a brand than a celebrity.
- Half of Pinterest users earn more than $50k p.a. – take advantage of that affluence!
- The platform is launching a “Buy” button – launching in as little as 3-6 months.
- Optimise reach by pinning 10+ times per day.
Ideal Image Characteristics:
- Multiple dominant colours – see Lime Crime
- Less than 10% background – see Stone Cold Fox
- Smooth texture – see Urban Outfitters
- No faces – see Farfetch
See how we do retail Pinterest at https://www.pinterest.com/RetailPractice