The Retail Practice is an international collective of communication and engagement specialists united by a passion to create high-definition retail. We help ambitious retailers adapt and thrive through connected, customer-first thinking and delivery. Want to learn more? Find out what we do.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a native Italian speaker with excellent English communication skills to join our London team in a free-lancing capacity. Your involvement would be project-based, meaning that hours per week would vary according to the amount of translation/copywriting projects we’re managing at a given time.
Who would this suit?
A bilingual Italian & English fashion-lover with previous copywriting and translation experience, preferably in the retail/fashion/consumer & lifestyle sectors. You’ll also be coordinating the third party agencies that will translate the English copy you’ve produced into the other languages our fashion clients work with, so good account management, operational skills & attention to detail are also essential.
What you’d be doing
You will support our account managers with all things regarding copywriting and translation. A typical task would be turning Italian product descriptions for our client’s new season’s fashion collection into high quality, on brand and beautifully copywritten English descriptions, then coordinating the translation process into the other languages required via a third party agency, in the most efficient and quality-driven way possible.
Who we are looking for – essential
- Native Italian speaker with bilingual written & spoken English skills
- Previous experience translating & copywriting content, preferably in the retail or fashion sector
- Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external (third party translation agencies, clients)
- Attention to detail, sense of urgency and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Passionate about retail, with an international mindset
- Adaptable and able to thrive in multi-location workplace environments, e.g. working from home, from our hub in London, at our clients’ bases across Europe – and quite often on the move
- Share our values – we want like-minded people who are open & straightforward, optimistic & ambitious, innovative & creative
What you’ll get from The Retail Practice
- Experience working with leading international fashion and lifestyle brands
- A culture of learning and development – for both our associates and long-term freelancers
- European travel – expenses paid
- Growth opportunity – both in terms of rewards and development – with an ambitious team of professionals who have been growing our agency since 2010
Please send your CV and cover letter to Beatrice@theretailpractice.com by the 20th of October 2018.