- Douwe Egberts Professional (DEP) supply coffee and machines to, among others, hospitality, healthcare and leisure businesses worldwide. As part of their global e-commerce roll-out they wanted to improve the quality of the coffee machine photography they used online. The challenge was to provide top quality photography and 360 images that could be used across DEP’s website to highlight the features of the machines, as well as allow buyers to see how the machines might look in situ, whilst maintaining brand consistency.
- Some of the machines themselves are not very aesthetically appealing, so part of the challenge was to find a way of making them look as good as possible online.
What we did
- We conducted a competitor review of Douwe Egberts and their 4 main global competitors to understand how coffee machines are currently displayed online. We also looked at DEP’s website analytics and identified the most successful characteristics of machine photography. We used this review to define the photography brief.
- We worked with a photographer who has years of experience in fashion, particularly still life shoots. The photographer used these techniques to ensure that the machines looked glossy and attractive, and to guarantee consistency across the range.
- The new portfolio of images are now in use across Douwe Egberts Professional’s international websites.